SPAR Australia held its 2016 Supplier Awards on the Gold Coast on March 3, recognising the support of key suppliers and presenting the SPAR Supplier of the Year Awards.
Australian Olympic Gold Medallist Duncan Armstrong hosted the event, with the theme of ‘inspiring excellence.’
SPAR supplies grocery products, and marketing and retail support services, to about 300 independent supermarkets, including the SPAR, 5 STAR and Jardin Fresh Life banner groups in Queensland, NSW, ACT, Northern Territory and Pacific Island locations. It’s one of only two major suppliers to independent supermarket operators on Australia’s eastern seaboard.
SPAR Australia’s Managing Director Lou Jardin spoke about the critical role its suppliers play in the success of the business and presented awards in nine categories.
SPAR International’s Marketing and Strategic Projects Manager Niels Dekkers shared some of SPAR’s key international growth figures, as well as news about international expansion and best practices.
The winners of SPAR’s supplier awards for 2016 are:
- Supplier of the Year – Mondelēz Confectionery.
- Grocery Supplier of the Year – Coca-Cola Amatil.
- Non-Food Supplier of the Year – McPherson’s Consumer Products.
- Perishable Supplier of the Year – Grove Juice.
- Promotional Support of the Year – Don KRC.
- Private Label Supplier of the Year – Grove Juice.
- Direct Supplier of the Year – Independent Produce Professionals.
- New Product Launch of the Year – Cadbury Oreo Chocolate.
- Account Manager of the Year – Tony Wyber of Asaleo Care.