On December 6 Budget Petrol retailers and preferred suppliers gathered with partners at a gala dinner to celebrate a milestone: 30 years since the launch of Budget Petrol.
The evening also recognised a number of retailers for their performance across a number of key measures. New for the year was the Customers’ Choice Award which, according to Gascorp General Manager Diann Melas, will reward sites for providing top-tier customer service and highlight any areas for improvement. Secret shopper feedback was positive for most sites, but she said there was always room for improvement.
Feedback to each site will be used to accentuate the positives and address any areas that need fine-tuning.
Budget Petrol founder Arthur Petalotis gave a brief welcome and spoke of the Budget Petrol history, starting from a single site in 1985 and culminating in being the oldest independent chain of service stations in 2015.
During the evening, Mr Petalotis and co-founder Steve Melas presented awards.
Award categories and winners were:
- 30 Years Service to Budget Petrol – Jim Chalkiotis (Budget Kingsgrove and Kogarah).
- 30 Years Service to Budget Petrol – Harry Mettas (Budget Newtown and South Hurstville).
- Highest Refiller Gas Volume – Richard Chau (Budget Telopea)
- Site Manager(s) for 2015 – Chris Yam and Thomas Thong (Budget Dulwich Hill).
- Drivers’ Choice Award 2015 – Andrew Iconomou and George Rouggos (Budget Faulconbridge).
- Customers’ Choice Award 2015 – Dimitri Petrou (Budget Erskineville).
- Store Investment Award 2015 – Som Bhatia and Andrew Karahontzitis (Budget Chester Hill).
- Store Investment Award 2015 – Chris Yam (Prime Wardell).
- Store Investment Award 2015 – Dimitri Petrou and Michael Melas (Budget Crystal Street, Petersham).
- Store Volume Increase 2015 – Michael and Karl Elsayed (Budget Moorebank).
- Store Volume Increase 2015 – Richard Chau and Koon Khay-Lee (Budget Ashfield).
- Retail Benchmark of the Year 2015 – Peter Karahontzitis and Thomas Argyrou (Budget North Strathfield).
- Budget Petrol Site of the Year 2015 – Koon Khay-Lee (Budget Oatley).
During 2015, Budget Petrol swelled again, welcoming a number of new sites throughout the Sydney metropolitan area.