CEO Angus McKay, addressing the 7-Eleven Business Update in Melbourne yesterday, detailed the stores’ recent strong performance and presented awards to the suppliers that helped to make this possible.
Mr McKay said 7-Eleven had 655 stores across Australia in 2016 and enjoyed market leadership.
“Our market share is improving and, while market share isn’t the be-all and end-all, it’s an important indicator of the health of our business,” he said.
Citing nine per cent growth in like-store customer transactions in 2016, Mr McKay said 7-Eleven’s ability to bring products to wanting customers was unprecedented.
“We have no intention of changing that dynamic and we see this as a core competitive advantage,” he said.
7-Eleven also outlined its plans to broaden its potential-customer base from convenience shoppers to all on-the-go customers, including those currently favouring cafés and QSRs. 7-Eleven Stores Head of Marketing Julie Laycock introduced suppliers to five modern demographic profiles – the Active Acrobat, Empty Tanker, Social Snacker, Speedy Striver and Treat Timer – to showcase the emerging opportunities for 7-Eleven and suppliers in this broader market.
Mr McKay and Ms Laycock presented the 7-Eleven Supplier Awards for 2016 at the event. The annual awards are judged against 7-Eleven’s guiding principles of ‘Better for customers’, ‘Simpler for stores’, ‘Quicker for everyone’, and ‘Bang for buck’, along with a range of measurable indicators in each category.
The 7-Eleven Supplier Award winners for 2016 are:
- Supplier of the Year: Coca-Cola Amatil.
- Account Manager of the Year: Luke Golding, Active Display.
- Outstanding Branded Category Growth Initiative: Krispy Kreme Innovation Original Filled, Krispy Kreme.
- Innovative Thinking: 7-Eleven Fuel App Product Development, Tigerspike.
- Outstanding Service Non-Merchandise Services: Voice of the Customer Dashboard, The Realise Group.
- Supply Chain Excellence: $2 Sandwich Campaign, Swire and Azura Fresh.
- Best Customer Experience: Slurpee $1 Launch Campaign, Leo Burnett.
- Best New Product Launch – 7-Eleven Brand: 7-Eleven Still Spring Water 600ml, Nu-pure water (Qld, NSW, Vic) and Aussie Natural Water (WA).
- Best New Product Launch: Powerade Silvercharge, Coca-Cola Amatil.