BP Australia has provided a statement on their website addressing the good hygiene and health practices they are implementing to ensure the safety of staff members and customers.
‘We have implemented a number of additional safety measures at all company-operated retail sites,’ reads the statement.
- ‘Increasing sanitising procedures in store and on the forecourt, ensuring employees are washing their hands regularly, wiping fuel pump and dispenser handles with disinfectant and making paper towels available. Handwashing facilities are also available to our customers in our onsite bathrooms.
- Encouraging the use of contactless forms of payments such as BPme – an app that lets you pay for fuel from your car – or in-store methods such as PayWave.
- Closing in-store seating areas.
- Stopping the use of reusable coffee cups.
- Offering single use condiments with food purchases.’
Selected BP retail stores will also still be delivering Uber Eats and Deliveroo. Also available at some sites are pantry basics like milk and bread plus the YouFoodz fresh ready-made meals.
Liquid fuel supplies continue to be available as normal.
‘We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation as the safety of our employees is of the upmost importance to us.’
BP has also implemented additional health and safety practices including social distancing and working from home where possible.